Argonne Découverte park: looking back on a 10-year history
Located in the Roucy woods in the south of the Ardennes, the Argonne Découverte parc (formerly named Parc Nocturnia) offers visitors an innovative introduction to the night behaviour of local wildlife and to the observation of animals in their natural habitats.
Since it opened in 2015, the Parc Argonne Découverte transports visitors to the heart of nature, up close and personal with the local wildlife, opening their eyes to the fascinating lives of nocturnal animals (wolves, owls, bats,foxes etc.).
The attraction offers activities at the heart of nature, 9 months of the year:
- Observation of wolf packs,
- Flying birds and birds of prey,
- Fun in the cargo nets,
- Forest trail inviting visitors to copy the behaviour of the wild animals of the Ardennes,
- Animal behaviour researcher treasure hunt (Research Assignment),
- Discover trades of bygone days and farm animal-related professions.
With 35 000 visitors in 2014, Argonne Découverte park is both a wildlife park, a leisure site and a space in which to discover nature. Its aim is to contribute to the growth of the tourist industry within the department.
By Ardennes Développement, the Ardennes economic development agency - ardennes-developpement.com