Pôle Formation des Industries Technologiques (Technological industries’ Training Hub): customised skills development
The Technological Industries’ Training Hub is an integrated regional training organisation. It is part of the national UIMM network developed by and for manufacturers, has three offices in French Ardennes (at Charleville-Mézières and Sedan) and a total of eight in the Champagne-Ardenne region.
Whether it is work-based training (apprenticeships and professionalisation) or ongoing training, the training provision is adapted to the needs of local industrial companies, in the form of individualised training. This involves project-based education and use of innovative learning methods (e-learning, serious games, etc).
Main training themes are:
- Industrial techniques (concept stage, manufacturing, tooling, additive manufacturing, boiler making/welding, maintenance, production systems management, plastics processing, metal casting, moulding, materials...)
- Industrial performance (Quality Safety Environment, logistics, industrial structure...)
- Management and communication (management, foreign languages, administrative procedure, office automation...)
- Sales (purchasing, sales, negotiation...)
There are several levels of training and qualifications from apprenticeship diplomas (from NVQ level to postgraduate engineering level) to customised HR advisory services (HR management, direction, market positioning, skills assessment).
Forecasting gaps in businesses’ skill sets, and relating them to technological evolution, resulted in the training centre being equipped with a considerable amount of robotics manufacturing machinery (more than 30 robots in Champagne-Ardenne region) The training centre also has a 3D additive manufacturing platform at its site in Charleville-Mézières. This is the only one of its kind in France (Platinium 3D). The Technological Industries’ Training Hub, working alongside the metallurgy professional network (UIMM), also plays an important role showcasing technological careers. It can raise public awareness of employment and career opportunities available in the industry.
French Ardennes companies are therefore ready to face future challenges in the industry while sustaining current industrial manufacturing.
- Almost 800 learners ranging from NVQ to postgraduate engineering
- 85% of those who undergo workplace training go into a job
- 5,500 employees and jobseekers receive training each year and a total of 300,000 hours of training have taken place
- 200 collaborators, 60% of which are trainers
- 25,000m² of technical facilities
- 3 specialist logistics facilities (including 1 in Sedan)
By Ardennes Développement, the Ardennes economic development agency - ardennes-developpement.com