Further collaboration between Lycée Bazin and ENERCON
In June 2018, the Lycée François Bazin in Charleville-Mézières, Ardennes and wind turbine manufacturer ENERCON signed a partnership agreement in order to consolidate the links between training schemes and the wind industry.
This three-year school-business agreement (from 2018 to 2021) is part of a drive to prioritise educational vocation that ties in with national energy issues.
The Lycée Bazin college now offers a wind farm maintenance technician course and, in April 2016, ENERCON provided a training wind turbine so that students could train in real life conditions inside a turbine. This partnership strengthens existing collaboration.
With a focus on supporting and introducing students to the wind industry, the agreement revolves around several specific measures in line with ENERCON’s Corporate Social Responsibility policy:
- Promoting wind industry careers and advising students on the type of profile the company requires by sending ENERCON professionals into classrooms
- Providing students and/or apprentices from Lycée Bazin with work experience at ENERCON
- Offering Lycée Bazin students a site visit to see ENERCON wind turbine maintenance or manufacturing in practice, offering real career experience
- Providing the Lycée Bazin with financial support via ENERCON’s apprenticeship tax payments
- Allowing ENERCON the use of the college’s training tower in order to train its staff.
This new collaborative venture is now being rolled out. Students are to be notified of 10 job and apprenticeship offers available in Grand Est region.
In French Ardennes area, training providers and businesses are working together to support economic activity. This will soon be reinforced by Charleville-Mézières’s university Campus which is to foster links between training, business, research and innovation.
By Ardennes Développement, the Ardennes economic development agency - ardennes-developpement.com